Salary – up to £22k, depending on experience
Multi-award winning family owned business, Pellacraft Limited specialise in providing promotional gifts and merchandise. The company is embarking on a strategy to grow and develop and are looking for a dynamic, creative and enthusiastic team player to join the team as a marketing assistant, with a bias towards on-line and web based marketing.
This busy hands-on role would be ideally suited someone with one or two years experience in a similar role or a college student looking for a marketing role. The right applicant may also be supported to study for a chartered institute of marketing qualification.
Initially, key responsibilities will be to initiate and implement a regular programme of promotional activity. This will include arranging and sending mailshots by mail and email, maintaining databases, writing press releases, blog articles and updating the website and social media, maintaining image libraries, event management, liaising with customers to obtain testimonials, competitor analysis, and helping to design and send out product catalogues.
The person we are looking for must be really creative, well organised and able to take the initiative. There will be lots of opportunity to work independently and inspire us with your creative ideas.
To apply in the first instance please send your cv with a covering letter explaining how you think your ideas will help grow our business to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 13 July – NO AGENCIES PLEASE
ROLE – MARKETING ASSISTANT OR APPRENTICE
SALARY – up to £22,000 depending on experience
REPORTING TO: SAM PELLA – SALES DIRECTOR
- Ideally, some previous experience of implementing tactical marketing activity
- Well organised, motivated and creative thinker
- Able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- An eye for detail and proof reading ability
- Flexible in approach, and an ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with data, do mail merges and familiar with software such as word, excel, powerpoint.
- Previous experience using email marketing software, website/SEO, Adwords and social media platforms
- Accustomed to following brand guidelines and maintaining a consistent identity in all collateral.
- Ability to work with others and develop balanced relationships
- Having a driving licence and owning a car is an advantage
OUTLINE OF ROLE
Key responsibilities will be to initiate and implement a regular programme of promotional activity to ensure Pellacraft communicates well with existing customers and raises its profile to win new customers of the right type.
Initially, you will be supported by the Sales Director and an external marketing consultant who will help you develop the experience and skills required and help you forward plan activities.
Implement and manage all tactical activity:
- Email marketing
- Website news stories
- Graphic design of brochures, flyers, posters and window displays
- Event management and attendance
- Advertising and special features
- Mailing of product catalogues and promo gift packs
- Copywriting emails, brochures, social media posts, web copy
- Liaison with local media, drafting and issuing press releases
- Liaison with internal graphics
- Liaison with SEO team
- Provide monthly report to sales director of key performance figures with recommendations for future strategy and promotion
- Ensure marketing database is maintained and continuously improved
- Generate ideas to add new data
- Establish marketing systems, libraries and processes that streamline operations and improve marketing effectiveness
- Act as brand guardian and maintain consistency of brand identity
- Organise monthly planning meetings with Sales Director and external Marketing consultant to forward plan and agree a rolling plan of quarterly activity
- Devise additional creative ideas and special or seasonal events to attract new business
- Support sales and support team to increase client value
- Help Sales Director manage the marketing budget and provide reports on return on investment